Take a seat at the Slow Food table! When you become a member you join a growing network of people dedicated to celebrating and preserving the amazing bounty of local, seasonal and delicious foods and food traditions around the country.
Benefits of Membership
Members are the heart of the Slow Food Movement. By becoming a member you help us move towards a more delicious and sustainable future as you support and further the growth of local, national and international programs.
When you become a member, your voice will be added to those of more than 18,000 individuals in the USA, and 80,000 worldwide, who are committed to changing the food system for the better. Slow Food is the only organization that celebrates the delicious tastes of our nation, honors the unsung heroes of our tables, and brings together those committed to making a difference in our food system.
From tasting twenty heirloom varieties of tomatoes, to changing local policy on school lunches, to providing farmers with financial support after disasters, your membership helps you take action where it’s needed most. As a member you can get involved with your local chapter, as well as be a part of the largest international network of food activists.
Your membership benefits also include:
- A one-year subscription to The Snail journal, which covers good, clean and fair food issues such as: sustainable seafood, food systems education, alternative food distribution, protecting biodiversity and regional food traditions.
- The Food Chain, the USA monthly e-newsletter that highlights the activities of our 200+ convivia, our diverse programs and the latest headlines in food sustainability.
- A personal membership card and, for new members, an electronic copy of the Slow Food Companion.
- Membership in your local chapter and invitations to local, national and international Slow Food events ranging from seasonal feasts to film festivals, farm tours to taste workshops.
- Discounts on merchandise including the Slow Food Guides to New York City, Chicago and San Francisco, as well as other items in Slow Food USA’s General Store.